The Alert 1 Medical Alert For Seniors
Alert 1 (formally known as AlertOne) provides an economical choice for traditional Medical Alert Systems. With over 250,000 families having used the Alert 1 to date, it would seem that they have a lot of experience to draw from. Alert 1 offers pendant necklace and wristband alert button (options) as well as extra room and hallway buttons. In addition to the traditional medical alert system offered by Alert 1, they have added a Fall Detection and Cellular option to the list of products to choose from.
Alert 1 Fall Detection
The fall detection option from Alert 1 is a small comfortable pendant that boasts a two-year battery life span and is 100% waterproof. The pendant works up to 600 feet from the base unit, so make sure to place the base unit in a central area that reaches all bathrooms and other high fall-risk areas. A one-time activation fee of $35, monthly plans start at $30.95.
Alert 1 Mobile (Cellular) Option
The cellular option from Alert 1 is called the Kelsi; a mobile medical alarm that gets help with the push of a button anywhere in the U.S. So, for those who are not home-bound, this discreet option requires no base station. It also has a microphone and speaker to enable two-way communication and is waterproof. The battery works for up to 2 months on a single charge, which is longer than other mobile options we have seen. No equipment to purchase, the Kelsi has a one-time activation fee of $50 and monthly plans start at $35.95.
The Bottom Line: Alert 1
A good choice for traditional, fall detection, and cellular medical alert technology. No equipment to purchase and no long-term contracts make this well established company someone to look at when making the choice of medical alert systems.
Home Medical Alert Features
Help Button & POM Base Unit
- 100% shower safe help button for protection at all times
- Industry leading location accuracy using the same systems as 911
- POM unit connects to the Alert1 Command Center through your landline
- 24 hour backup battery so you will be protected even if your power fails
- Automatically performs a silent test every 28 days to ensure that everything is working properly
- Your choice of button: wristband or necklace
- Unlimited button pushes and talk time. Press your button anytime, even if you just want to talk to someone
- You choose who we call in an emergency, whether it be EMS, a neighbor, or a family member. We do so much more than just calling 911
- We notify family members or caretakers with updates so that they are always kept in the loop
Industry Leading Monitoring
- You are in great hands. Alert1 features two fully independent US-based Command Centers. Our CSAA certified operators are trained to be calm and reassuring in case of emergencies
- Unlike other medical alert system companies, Alert1 stays on the line with you until we are 100% sure help arrives. You are never alone with Alert1
- When you need help, Alert1 is there for you, 24/7
Protection In and Around the Home
- The system has a coverage area of 600 feet – that’s more than two football fields!
- Powerful microphone and speaker in the POM base unit allows you to talk to our Command Center to tell them what’s wrong
- Your medical alert system arrives preprogramed. All you need to do is plug the POM base unit into a phone jack and electrical outlet. Learn more on our medical alert system setup page.To make things easy, you will receive a one-page quick start guide, and our member care is available for any additional questions you may have.
– See more at: https://www.alert-1.com/system/medical-alert-system/504#sthash.PevSM50g.dpuf